- University of California at Los Angeles, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia
Stephanie C. Smith is a Shareholder in the law firm of Midgett Preti Olansen. Her practice areas include estate planning, estate and trust administration, and business matters. Additionally, Ms. Smith serves as a Commissioner of Accounts for Virginia Beach Circuit Court. In her role as Commissioner of Accounts, Ms. Smith audits accountings and other filings by administrators and executors of estates, trustees of trusts, guardians and conservators for minor children or incapacitated adults, and foreclosure trustees.
Ms. Smith has been named as one of the Top Women in Law in the category of Corporate Governance Law. She has also been named to the Virginia Super Lawyers magazine “Super Lawyers” list, limited to no more than 5% of Virginia attorneys, in the category of Business/Corporate each year, and included as a “Best Lawyer” in the Best Lawyers in America publication, numerous times.
Ms. Smith’s previous law firm, Stephanie C. Smith, PC, was also included in the Best Lawyers in America publication as one of the Best Law Firms. She has been named by Super Lawyers magazine as one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Virginia, Top 100 Lawyers in Virginia, Top 25 Women Attorneys in Virginia, and as a Rising Star. Additionally, the Virginia Beach Legal Staff Association chose Ms. Smith as Boss of the Year. Ms. Smith holds an AV rating by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating given by the preeminent directory of legal professionals.
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent ™ Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia “Super Lawyer”; Top 50: Women Virginia Super Lawyers; Top 100: Virginia Super Lawyers; Top 25: Women Virginia Super Lawyers; and Super Lawyer, Virginia Rising Star
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Stephanie C. Smith, PC, included in The Best Lawyers in America®, as a Best Law Firm
- "Top Lawyers", Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Virginia Beach Legal Staff Association Boss of the Year
- Top Women in Law, Virginia, Corporate Governance Law
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council
- Virginia Conference of Commissioners of Accounts
- Bank @lantec, a division of Dollar Bank, Virginia Board of Advisors
- Board of Directors, Bank @lantec
- Virginia Beach Bar Association, Seatack Elementary School Mentoring Program, Mentor
- YWCA Board of Directors, former Member and Secretary
- Virginia Beach Task Force on Aging, Board of Directors, former Officer and Member