- The College of William and Mary School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A. in English Literature and Rhetoric
- Virginia Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Ann H. Larkin is a Shareholder at Midgett Preti Olansen. She focuses her practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, special needs planning and guardianship and conservatorship matters. Ms. Larkin is certified by the Virginia Supreme Court as a guardian ad litem for incapacitated adults.
Ms. Larkin has extensive experience designing estate plans ranging from basic to complex. She works closely with individuals to ensure that they and their loved ones are cared for properly and respectfully in the event of incapacity or disability. Ms. Larkin serves as trustee of trusts with both individual and charitable beneficiaries, administers large and small estates as personal representative, and frequently counsels clients through the probate process, including probate avoidance techniques.
Ms. Larkin graduated cum laude from the State University of New York at Binghamton with a B.A. in English Literature and Rhetoric. She received her Juris Doctor from William and Mary Law School. After law school Ms. Larkin was a law clerk to the Honorable Robert W. Wooldridge, Jr. of the 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia. She practiced in the litigation group at a Washington, D.C. law firm, served as an assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney in Fairfax County, Virginia, and worked as a staff attorney for a Commissioner of Accounts in Norfolk, Virginia. Ms. Larkin is a current member of the Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council, the Virginia Association of Elder Law Attorneys, and has been designated as an Accredited Estate Planner® by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. Ms. Larkin has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Virginia Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Access College Foundation, Batten Legacy Society Advisory Council
- Board Member and Treasurer, Granby High School Crew Team