Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant
We are seeking a legal secretary or legal assistant to join our growing Virginia Beach law firm. Compensation is competitive, and benefits include medical, vision, life and disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan.
- Answering and responding to client inquiries.
- Scheduling appointments for, and maintaining attorney calendars.
- Working with attorneys to ensure prompt responses to client communications.
- Copying, scanning, and posting of correspondence, including e-mail correspondence, and other documents to client files.
- Drafting, proofreading and revising attorney correspondence to clients.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent college coursework.
- Law firm or professional service firm experience preferred.
- Professional demeanor,excellent communication, organizational writing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, able to prioritize assignments and work well under pressure.
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Excel is critical, including, document formatting, TOCs, updating spreadsheets and formulas, PPTS, PDFs and flow charts. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
Estate Planning Paralegal
We are seeking an Estate Planning Paralegal to join our Virginia Beach law firm.
- Drafting wills, trusts, advance medical directives and durable powers of attorney.
- Preparing asset transfer documents, such as deeds, asset assignments and designated beneficiary forms.
- Extensive communication with clients, financial planners and accountants.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3 years of Estate Planning or similar experience.
- Professional demeanor, excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel is critical.
Certified Public Accountant/Enrolled Agent
If you are a highly motivated individual with an active credential (CPA/EA) and excellent communication skills, we need you for the Midgett Preti Olansen tax practice.
As part of the MPO tax practice, you will be responsible for performing complex tax preparation, tax research and tax planning with minimal supervision. This includes preparing fiduciary, individual, estate, gift and corporate tax returns, and providing expert guidance and explanations of tax and technical terms to our clients.
In addition to preparation and planning, you will participate in our federal, state and local government tax audit and examination defense practice which covers the entire process, from the initial Information Document Request through audit, administrative hearings, appeals, and litigation. This also includes helping our clients through the collection process by removing levies, garnishments and liens, amending and correcting previous tax returns, filing delinquent tax returns, filing Offers in Compromise, and negotiating with the IRS and state governments to reduce tax liability and/or establish a reasonable payment plan.
This is a full-time position. Flexible work hours and remote work are both possible. You should expect overtime hours from February 15th through April 15th, including Saturdays as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- CPA certification or Enrolled Agent certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of tax experience with at least two years of supervising responsibility.