Aug 27, 2018 Ann H. Larkin
If you served during active duty during a wartime period (WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War or Persian Gulf War) or if you are the widow of someone who has, you may be eligible for a monthly payment from the Veterans Administration. This benefit, known as “VA Aid and Attendance,” can be used to defray the costs of in-home, assisted living or nursing home care.
Mar 9, 2018 Ann H. Larkin
After the death of a spouse, the surviving spouse will inevitably receive bills from hospitals and rehabilitation facilities. Typically, these bills are sent in the name of the deceased spouse. Are you, as the surviving spouse, obligated to pay them?