- New York
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D.
- Loyola Marymount University, B.A. in Political Science and Spanish
- Virginia Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- New York State Supreme Court
Vanessa Macias Stillman is an Associate at Midgett Preti Olansen concentrating in the area of estate and fiduciary litigation. Ms. Stillman has experience litigating in several areas of civil law, including contested guardianship and conservatorship actions, will contests, partitions of property, suits for breach of fiduciary duty, and a variety of complex trust and estate matters.
Ms. Stillman graduated from Loyola Marymount University with a B.A. in Political Science and Spanish. She earned her law degree from Syracuse University College of Law and is admitted to practice law in New York and Virginia. Prior to joining Midgett & Preti, Ms. Stillman served as a Volunteer Law Clerk for Magistrate Judge Tommy E. Miller (ret.) of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Before moving to Virginia, Ms. Stillman was a Staff Attorney for the Manhattan Criminal Defense Division of the Legal Aid Society of New York.
Ms. Stillman is a member of the Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council, the Hampton Roads Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the YWCA South Hampton Roads. Ms. Stillman is fluent in Spanish.
Honors & Awards
- National Order of Barristers
- Frank H. Armani Advocacy Award
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Counsel
- Norfolk/Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- YWCA South Hampton Roads- Board Member
- Hampton Roads Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - Member