- Regent University School of Law, J.D.
- Christopher Newport University, B.A. in History
- Virginia Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United State Court
Alison Zizzo is a Shareholder at Midgett Preti Olansen and concentrates her practice in trust and estate litigation, including fiduciary disputes, beneficiary representation, guardian and conservatorships, and elder law. Ms. Zizzo has extensive civil litigation experience and can handle a variety of general litigation matters, including business disputes, collection and defense of debts and contract disputes. In addition, Ms. Zizzo handles complex trust and estate administration matters, assisting families with trust and estate administration issues, as well as litigation that may arise during the course of administration.
In 2014 and 2015, Ms. Zizzo was selected by her peers to be included in Virginia Business magazine’s Legal Elite in the category of Young Lawyer and in the category of Taxes/Estate/Trusts/Elder Law in 2015. In 2014, Virginia Super Lawyers magazine selected her as a Rising Star in the category of Estate and Trust Litigation. Ms. Zizzo was recognized in 2017 in Virginia Business magazine’s Legal Elite in the category of Taxes/Estate/Trust and Elder Law.
Ms. Zizzo earned her Bachelor of Arts in History from Christopher Newport University, where she was awarded the Martha Woodword Scholarship for Excellence in History. She received her law degree from Regent University School of Law where she earned Top Honors recognition in courses on Legal Research and Writing, Trial Practice, and Wills, Trusts and Estates. Ms. Zizzo has an AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale Hubbell.
Honors & Awards
- AV® Preeminent ™ Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite, 2014-15, 2017
- Virginia “Super Lawyer”, 2017
- Virginia “Super Lawyer” Rising Star, 2014-2016
- “Top Lawyers”, 2018, Coastal Virginia Magazine
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Counsel
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Rotary Club of Chesapeake
- Chesapeake Public Library Foundation, Board Member